We recognise our membership as a powerful resource of expertise, and organise twice-yearly TravelWatch SouthWest General Meetings which keep everyone abreast of developments and ideas. Speakers are invited from government agencies, the transport industry, including bus and train companies, airports and ferry operators, providing insight into the key issues affecting passengers.
At these events, delegates may enter into the discussion, helping to locate and progress service improvements and to ensure that public transport is given the high profile that it deserves.
While general Meetings are a twice yearly fixture in the calendar, we ensure our members actively engage in the consultation process through seminars, meetings and workshops to tackle specific issues, as required.
“Joining the Dots” was launched by Chris Irwin at our October 7th 2017 General Meeting
High numbers were drawn by the day’s theme, “An integrated transport system which includes public transport is key to the three pillars of sustainability essential to a thriving South West”.
Delegates provided interesting questions, commented in “Just a Minute” and discussed stimulating and informative presentations from; Mike Watson, Regional Director England & Wales, Stagecoach; James White, West of England Combined Authority; Alex Carter First Bus in conjunction with Cornwall Council; and Christopher Irwin , TravelWatch South West.
Delivering Transport & Growth James White
One Public Transport System for Cornwall deliverd by Alex Carter, written by Glyn Williams
Connecting The Dots Christopher Irwin
Coming from Bristol or Plymouth? Our Stagecoach sponsored bus connects with the FALCON service at Taunton
The TravelWatch SouthWest AGM took place in Exeter on November 30 2016 and Nick Buckland OBE is welcomed to the Board.
Presentations from October 8th 2016 General Meeting
March 5th 2016 General Meeting
“The Other Half” Full Document
The October 3rd 2015 General Meeting was very well attended and included contributions from GWR, Transport Focus, First Bus and Helen Murphy, Head of Transportation, Parsons Brinckerhoff. By clicking on the Presentation titles below, it is possible to view the slides used on the day:
- Presentation: Travelwatch – GWR Presentation by Ben Rule October 2015
- Presentation: Travelwatch SouthWest – First Bus Presentation by James Freeman 3 October 2015
- Presentation: TWSW Update – Nina Howe, Transport Focus
- TWSW General Meeting Agenda 3 October 2015
21 January 2016 Bus Workshop in Taunton
- Mike Watson – The Changing Environment Challenges and Opportunities
- Richard Gamble Presentation TWSW 21-01-16 (1)
- TravelWatch South West 21-01-16 (1)
- Presentation: South West Trains 07-03-15 C Loder
- Presentation: Stagecoach SW M Watson 070315
- Presentation: Campaign for Better Transport S Joseph
- 1TWSW Chairs’ Report October 2014
- Bus sponsored by Go South Coast from Bournemouth
- Roma Patten Presentation to TWSW October 2014
- MetroWest Presentation to TravelWatch SouthWest by James White SW 041014 v2
- The wisdom of electrification to a non-terminus
- TWSW General Meeting 5 October 2013 (Chairs_Report)
- Package (All documents 5.6MB .zip)
- Chairs Report (PDF)
- Slides FC (PDF)
- Slides (PDF)
- Package (All documents 11.7MB .pptx)
- Network Rail: Presentation by Patrick Hallgate, Route MD, Western, Network Rail
- TWSW General Meeting – March 2012 Chairs Report
- TWSW General Meeting – October 2011 Chairs Report